Sometimes a little outside help is all you need to take yourself and your business to the next level.
At Better Business Academy™ we focus on helping you create a business that gives you the life you want.
Getting to the next level in business is about working smarter, not pushing harder and that’s where we make a tangible difference. We’ll show you how to free up your time and energy to work “on” your business and have more scope to live the life you want and deserve.
We will show you how different thinking can help you work less, yet earn and achieve more. You will learn what it means to think more strategically about your business and will soon understand how to strike the right balance between focussing on the big picture and taking action to achieve your most inspiring goals.
All Better Business Academy™ coaches and mentors are experienced business people, successful in their own right and professionally trained to coach business owners, managers, leaders and leaders of leaders.
We are not consultants. We don’t keep our knowledge to ourselves, we share it. We don’t make the decisions or do the work, that’s your role. After all, that’s how you build your knowledge, skills and confidence. And when you are doing even better and achieving more, we don’t get the glory, you do!
Our philosophy, preference and focus is to lead and coach you in ‘how’ to do it, rather than doing it for you.
Here’s what one business owner had to say about the benefits of coaching
“You told me up front that I would be the one doing all the work but until I went through it, I didn’t really understand what that would mean. It really challenged my thinking in a positive way and got me spending more time “on” the business rather than “in” the business. I know it’s a cliché, but it’s absolutely true and was long overdue. As a direct result I redesigned my working week, actually my whole week and what a difference it has made.
So these days I don’t go into the office unless it suits me and I only use the office for transactional work. All my thinking, planning, reading, and exiting stuff I do elsewhere, in an environment that suits the requirement. Even better, I pick up my kids from school and I take a Friday off once or twice a month to do some brewing, which I love. I would never have let myself do that before the coaching.
What’s really interesting is that my quality of life is much better, my priorities are better aligned, I’ve got more balance, and my business is booming as a result. Oh, and I’m told I’m nicer to be around too!
All of that was born out of the coaching work we did. It was a terrific launching pad and definitely a worthwhile investment for me. I really appreciate the support you provided.
-Pete Norris, Director, Keystone Advice Group
Our coaches and mentors will help you see new ways to achieve more in your business and your life.
Our coaching and mentoring service is ideal for:
- Experienced business managers committed to growing and doing better
- Emerging leaders who want to learn and develop their leadership skills
- Owners, partners and entrepreneurs, especially those with staff (leadership) responsibilities
- Business people who want to overcome a recurring issue to create permanent change
- Business owners who want an objective running mate and (non-financial) business partner
- Business owners and managers who want to work on themselves to achieve more of their potential
Whatever your level of experience in business, you will make even more progress through our personalised coaching and mentoring which is always tailored to you and your situation and entirely for your benefit.
Business success happens when smart people make smart moves. If you want to be better and achieve more, make a move that will take you, your people and your business to the next level, get in touch.
We also facilitate a range of structured Better Business Workshops from one-off strategic decision making sessions that may take just 2 hours to half day and full day workshops.
All workshops are designed to help business owners, managers and/or teams clarify their current situation, their preferred future vision and to set goals and develop strategies to overcome challenges and maximise your strengths to take advantage of your biggest opportunities.
In our professionally run workshops you will often be introduced to proven tools and processes, learn new strategies and techniques to help you grow and develop your business and your strategic leadership skills too. Naturally you will also achieve the outcomes you want from your workshop and will often learn new ways to tackle future challenges with greater ease and confidence too. You will be better equipped!
Our workshops are always tailored to help you achieve the outcomes you want most, whether that be to make critical business decisions, improve personal or team performance or develop plans to take your business results to a new level.
Our most popular workshops include:
- Personal values process (1.5 hours – 2 hours). Being decisive is a key to being effective in business and life in general. Our highest Values drive our most important decisions and yet we often don’t know (consciously) what they are. This proven process will uncover your top 5 values and give you a superb tool for making important business and personal decisions, faster and more easily. Much better!
- Business values process (2-3 hours). Values drive behaviour and behaviour delivers your results. Clarifying your business values will help align all decision making and empower your people to make all their daily business decisions with confidence. Until you clarify them, you cannot communicate them and if you can’t communicate them, how can your people possibly align with them. In a values driven organisation there is only one boss, the Company Values. everyone and everything else aligns around those values. That makes life and performance management easier. People can self manage.
- Strategic Decision Making – (2-3 hours). An ideal process to make a decision where multiple possible options exist and when you’re unsure which way to go. If you’re losing sleep over it, this is for you.
- Business Planning workshop – (3-4 hours). Ideal when you have a challenge or a goal and want a plan of action. A simple, yet sound planning process that results in a motivating 1 page plan.
- Marketing Planning workshop: Finding your X-Factor (Competitive Advantage). (4-8 hours). Differentiation is the key to competitive advantage and being more successful in business. Yet, defining your competitive advantage can be a challenge. Our X Factor planning process will help you identify where your differential strengths meet your customer values – better than your competitors. We will help you find that place where you can compete, and win.
- Strategic Planning workshop (7-8 hours). This day will take business decision makers through a robust process to arrive at strategic decisions on the nature and direction of your business. The final result will be a clear Vision, Mission and Values statement and 3-4 Strategic drivers of your business.
- Strategic Planning Review: for Senior Team members (6 – 8 hours). A facilitated day where key team members have the opportunity to review the Draft Vision, Mission statement and complete the same Values elicitation process as the business owners to arrive at the 2nd draft of the Vision statement. This is a powerful way to hold a conversation to clarify the desired future and unite and inspire the team in a common cause. Other key stakeholders, e.g. staff and customers will usually be consulted before the final Vision Statement sign off. An Action Plan is then developed to turn the dream into reality.
- The “Successful Partnerships” Conversation (6-8 hours). Business partnerships can be challenging at the best of times. The ‘Successful Partnerships’ conversation is a guaranteed way for prospective or existing business partners to gain greater clarity and understanding of each other’s goals and aspirations and reach agreement on the future direction and operation of the business.The ‘Successful Partnerships’ conversation is unique, yet highly valuable way for prospective or existing business partners (working shareholders) to ensure everyone is on the same page, wanting the same things and going in the same direction. By the end of this process the people involved are always clear on their mutual goals, roles, responsibilities and expectations. They also know what they want to happen in the event of being affected by any of the 4D’s (Disablement, Death, Discord and Dissolution). This well structured, facilitated conversation is unique to Better Business Academy. It consists of more than 35 critical questions and considerations and results in a follow up report which details the conversation outcomes.The Successful Partnerships conversation is only ever facilitated by an experienced Better Business Academy™ team member who is also a successful business owner, coach and facilitator. This is the conversation that all business partners should have. The earlier, the better!!
If you’re ready to take your business, yourself and/or your partnership to the next level, Get in touch